Enneagram I-Ching Model Detailed Description
‘We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.’ Albert Einstein
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I wish to share with you a unique hurricane technology, based on the I Ching and the Enneagram, that makes it possible to self resolve an unlimited life issues in a completely new way.
ABOUT “ENNEAGRAM – I CHING” MODEL.
This is a device, ready for practical use by any one, regardless of their age, health, education, social status, as well as association to any particular culture or religious tradition.
The EIC model features a set of 64 informative cards.
To start using the model, no prior knowledge or skills are required. It is enough to simply read the rules: how to set the goal and look through the charts in the cards.
THE MODEL IS DESIGNED:
- In order to independently solve issues in any aspect of our life, to strengthen and maintain mental and physical health.
- To assist others who may not have the possibility to use the model on their own, i.e. due to their age, weak sight, pain, etc.
THE MODEL IS ADDRESSED TO:
Anyone who wants
- to learn how to make full use of their own natural ability to effectively adapt (key skill of a human being)
- to use the full power of their own brain’s ability to retrain itself (main skill to learn new things)
- to obtain satisfactory results in any life situation (main outcome of human interactions in a society).
The model will be useful for experts of various fields; for those who assist other people, consult and train them: psychotherapists, medical doctors, social workers, teachers, sports coaches and psychological trainers.
For all those who are interested in brain research, practical psychology.
USING THE “ENNEAGRAM – I CHING” MODEL IS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO TEACH YOURSELF:
- to turn problems into solutions in a completely new, simple, interesting and productive way.
- to quickly adapt to new situations
- to adequately perceive the reality of things: nature, society, people, objects and events
- to influence their own lives.
KEY MODEL FEATURES
UNIVERSAL MODEL STRUCTURE.
The range of tasks that can be solved are unlimited. They can be from any sphere of your life.
For training fit any time and place.
SECURITY, FREEDOM OF CHOICE AND INTIMACY.
Goals for your session, you define yourself: no hints, preliminary instructions, tips or suggestions of other people!
You can interrupt and resume any session at any time.
To get started with the model from scratch it is enough to read Quick Start Guide.
This article (intellectual knowledge) can not replace the practical training with the model information cards.
To get the results you need, start using the model.
The model is created as a result of “The Magic Power of the Enneagram” project – a unique I-Ching hexagrams decryption by the method of “Spherical Matrix.”
Author of the method and project: Galina Shmerling.
The “Enneagram – I Ching” Model is unique.
It is based on both modern scientific concepts, and mankind ancient knowledge that have passed the test of a millennial practice, adapted to the perception of each individual.
- The symbol of the Enneagram
- The concept of the interaction of Yin and Yang
- The Laws of Three and Seven
- Gender roles, as a fundamental principle of the collective unconscious archetypes and the carrier of hereditary information
- Martin Buber’s ideas on how a person perceives and interacts with himself, other people and object world.
- The concept of information
The uniqueness and strength of the model lies in the newest approach to view, study and combine these knowledge in order to provide practical results to each individual (and not just a selective few).
FOR THOSE INTERSETED: MORE DETAILS.
THE I CHING (also called the Zhōu Yì or Canon of Changes).
For about three millennia the I Ching (which is more known as “Book of Changes”) is used by millions of people as a fortune-telling system.
The starting point was a set of eight trigrams (guà), each composed of three horizontal lines (yáo). Each line can be solid or broken. The solid line is considered to be Yáng. A broken one is classified as Yīn.
Couples of eight trigrams form 64 hexagrams, each consisting of 6 lines, which are read from the bottom to the top. According to generally accepted canon, the development of any situation, is seen as an alternation of Yin and Yang.
This framework allows people to interpret the possible development of events – to predict the future.
THE I CHING HEXAGRAMS EXAMPLES:
IN “ENNEAGRAM – I CHING” MODEL:
- The I-Ching (Book of Changes) is used as the universal model of world perception and algorithm of all possible changes.
- Within the model, the I-Ching hexagrams for the first time ever are considered as pattern-models of psycho-physiological states that shape human behavior in all possible life situations. As for the lines of hexagrams, they are considered to be the integral parts of the behavior: conscious and unconscious. There are 64 hexagrams in all, each representing a situation in life.
- One card is the basic standard. At the same time it serves as the universal model standard for: any task; state of mind; psycho-physiological, emotional state, etc.
- The rest 63 are all possible model standard distorted variants.
- In the model, the first trigram (three bottom lines) is regarded as yang (male), the second trigram (top three lines) – Yin (feminine).
- Solid lines of the I-Ching hexagrams, in the model are considered as part of conscious behavior, and broken lines, as part of the unconscious behavior in the situation.
Note. The method of “Spherical Matrix” refers solid lines to “Logos” (conscious), broken lines – to “Mythos” (unconscious).
It is well known that this is the unconscious reason of a state or behavior encourages people to contact a specialist (psychologist, massage therapist or fortune teller, etc.) – the one who, to their mind, will be able to find the cause, hidden in the unconscious part.
When a person is not aware of the reason for the situation, he loses control being unable to influence the situation, can not explain his behavior or reaction – does not know what to do. Since then he can only guess what would or might be the end of the situation.
When shifting the I Ching hexagrams in the code of the Enneagram, we disclose the hidden cause for awareness.
Each of the 64 cards – is a unique model of the corresponding I-Ching hexagram, which allows not only to find the cause of a particular situation, but the way to solve it – a way out of the situation explicitly displayed in the model-card:
- Perceived part (of behavior or state)
- Unconscious part, and
- Link between perceived and unconscious parts – a reflection of the overall situation.
But in real life, to find the reason, caused a situation and even get out of it, is not enough – SINCE AFTER ALMOST ANY SITUATION we inevitably move into a new, often unpredictable and therefore not always favorable.
It may take a lifetime to search causes and ways out of even one of the adverse situation, not mentioning a few transitions from one unfavorable situation into the same next. To proof this, a life experience of a sufficiently large number of people may serve.
In our model the “Wen Wang arrangement of the 64 hexagrams” SOLVES THIS PROBLEM!
Exploring the Wen Wang arrangement of the 64 hexagrams, GALINA SHMERLING REVEALED AND THEN EXPRESSLY REFLECTED IN THIS TABLE THE ENCRYPTED ESSENCE OF THIS ORDER – ALGORITHM for the shortest transition paths from any situation to the favorable one (model standard).
HERE IS ONE OF THESE TABLES.
Maximum number of transitions in the model – 7. Minimum – 2.
Practical application of the Wen Wang arrangement of the 64 hexagrams — 20* minutes is a sufficient time period for a session to get out of any situation and reach a favorable one.
* Exactly the time necessary in order to spread the information throughout the system, we usually call “Mind-Body”.
About Galina Shmerling’s tables and how to use them in practice, we talk in detail in our master classes.
The Enneagram – is the nine-end star. (Star of the Universe, Symbol of Justice, Symbol of Eternity. It reflects explicitly the Laws of the Seventh and the Three.
The Enneagram consists of three shapes: circle, triangle, and the hexagram (six segments).
Any character serves as a symbol of some concepts, ideas.
The symbol is multisyllabic; it may reflect several ideas, concepts, phenomena.
Such an approach, in this case, using the symbol of the Enneagram, for the first time ever allowed:
REFLECT ALL THE ABOVE KNOWLEDGE IN UNITY.
CREATE AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF MODELS FOR A WIDE VARIETY OF TASKS.
In the “Enneagram – I Ching” Model the Enneagram symbol serves as:
- The ideal way of reflecting the pattern of the human creative* state;
- Background on which the distortions** of the pattern*** become apparent to anyone’s perception;
- The tool for conscious input to any situation;
- The model of interaction between two parts of human experience – conscious right now and unconscious, where besides of prior experience, the reason that caused this situation is stored;
- The method to reflect explicitly unconscious cause of any situation;
- The tool for the conscious completion of any situation.
* The term “creative”, here refers to a state of a human, not exposed to the influence of any emotions. Being only in such state, we can make the right, correct decision.
** The term “distortion” here means any clearly observed differences from the Enneagram symbol.
*** A “pattern”, is a discernible regularity in the world or in a manmade design. As such, the elements of a pattern repeat in a predictable manner. A geometric pattern is a kind of pattern formed of geometric shapes and typically repeating.
Any of the five senses may directly observe patterns. Direct observation in practice means seeing visual patterns, which are widespread in nature and in art.
NOW, LET US STEP BY STEP SHOW HOW IN THE SYMBOL OF ENNEAGRAM WERE REFLECTED:
- I Ching Hexagrams
- Concept of Yin and Yang
- Gender roles
- The concept of information
THE ENNEAGRAM CODE 142 857
142 857 is a unique cyclic number. If to multiply it, the results will be formed by a cyclic shift of 142857.
2 × 142857 = 285714
3 × 142857 = 428571
4 × 142857 = 571428
5 × 142857 = 714285
6 × 142857 = 857142
7 × 142857 = 999999
The 142 857 number is a repeating sequence in a periodic fraction.
1/7 = 0.14285714285714285714…
2/7 = 0.28571428571428571428…
3/7 = 0.42857142857142857142…
4/7 = 0.57142857142857142857…
5/7 = 0.71428571428571428571…
6/7 = 0.85714285714285714285…
Adding two parts of 142857 number. 142 + 857 = 999.
Adding three parts of 142857 number. 14 + 28 + 57 = 99
Lets add now all digits of 142857 number:
1 + 4 + 2 + 8 + 5 + 7 = 27
2 + 7 = 9 – The Number Of The Universe
You can find a lot of interesting additional information about the 142857 number in Literature and Internet.
HOW THE I CHING HEXAGRAMS WERE TRANSFERRED TO THE ENNEAGRAM SYMBOL COORDINATES.
As we mentioned above – numbering of lines in I Ching hexagrams begins from below to top – from the first to the sixth: the lowest – #1, uppermost – #6.
Now, we’ll do so that the lowest line of the hexagram match the 1st digit of the code of the Enneagram, the 2nd line – the second digit of the code of the Enneagram, etc.
THE CODE OF THE ENNEAGRAMM.
AS A RESULT, WE’VE GOT:
64 models of human behavior
64 model types of human nature
64 models of emotional (psycho-physiological) states, based on four pairs of basic emotions:
- Interest – Pride
- Joy – Grief
- Satisfaction – Anger
- Hope – Fear.
64 models of dialogue, etc.
YIN – YANG APPLIED TO THE ENNEAGRAM CODE.
The principle of Yin and Yang is a fundamental concept in Chinese philosophy and culture in general dating from the third century BC or even earlier. This principle is that all things exist as inseparable and contradictory opposites, for example female-male, dark-light and old-young. The two opposites attract and complement each other and, as their symbol illustrates, each side has at its core an element of the other (represented by the small dots). Neither pole is superior to the other and, as an increase in one brings a corresponding decrease in the other, a correct balance between the two poles must be reached in order to achieve harmony.
With a holistic perception of the world, the situation is developing in accordance with the code of the Enneagram: 1-4-2-8-5-7.
In the I Ching it is situation #1 “The Creative”. The rest 63 – dual.
When a person uses the potential possibilities “right”, he achieves the desired results.
When he does it “wrong” – he does not reach any result, or he is not satisfied with the result achieved.
The word “right” here implies that the thinking of a person (if he wants to get a result that will satisfy him) must develop in accordance with “The Law of The Trinity”: Yang – 1-4-2, Yin – 8-5-7.
For example, when we use the “Enneagram – I Ching” model as a tool to improve any emotional state, the model which reflects the standard state is card #1.
In other words: what in ordinary life we call the “problem” is the result of actions that we commit being under the power of any emotion, no matter we consider them conscious or we do not.
All possible combinations of these states are reflected in the rest 63 card models.
WHAT IS HIDDEN BEHIND THE DIGITS.
1 — Human potential, his possibilities in this world. Potential (1) is directed to the activity of consciousness (4). This is the Way of DAO.
4 — The activity of human consciousness (4) is directed to motivation (2) – the object of knowledge. Emotion INTEREST.
2 — Motivation – the object of interest (study), which seeks an active force of human consciousness. Motivation (2) awakens the Intention (8). Emotion JOY.
The transition from Yang to Yin – from 2 to 8.
8 — The Potential of Intent (8) is directed to an active force which executes the Intention, associated with the object (5). Emotion SATISFACTION.
5 — The Intention executing active force or active actions to fulfil the intent (5) is directed to the Motivation of Intent (7). Emotion HOPE.
7 — Motivation of Intent. Actualization of potential (7-1). GETTING RESULT. OUTCOME. BENEFITS. The end of the situation (7-1).
INTEREST, JOY, SATISFACTION, HOPE are the underlying states of creativity.
They are the basis of successful people brain-work, responsible for the high productivity level, life full with interesting social relations, bright events, mental and physical health.
One can make the right decision only in a state of full awareness of the situation – of all its 6 components, unfolding in a sequence – 142 857.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
ENNEAGRAM IS THE IDEAL SYMBOL. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DISTORT IT.
THE ENNEAGRAM SYMBOL IN THE CARD MODELS PRESENTS AS THE BACKGROUND ONLY, TO VIEW ANY DISTORTION.
GENDER ROLES APPLIED TO THE ENNEAGRAM CODE.
In the model, the code of the Enneagram is described by gender roles. As a result, we have got 64 gender patterns of human behavior.
Every family should have a sexual relationship between:
Father (1) and Mother (7)
Husband (2) and Wife (8).
These relationships are clearly visible in the model.
Sexual relations between:
Son (4) and daughter (5) is not acceptable.
The absence of this communication pattern is also evident in the model.
IDEAS OF MARTIN BUBER.
In the model, the philosophical ideas of Martin Buber transformed into practice to correct relationships: with other people, the world of objects and yourself.
“To put to yourself questions like: Who am I?, What am I?, What is the purpose of my existence? and make them central to individual, prior need a certain level of consciousness.”
Martin Buber was an Austrian-born Israeli Jewish philosopher best known for his philosophy of dialogue, a form of existentialism centered on the distinction between the I–Thou relationship and the I–It relationship.
The basic ideas about dialogue he outlined in his book “I and Thou.”
The ideas of Martin Buber in the Model occupy one of the central places.
THE CONCEPT OF INFORMATION.
The control element of “Matter – Energy – Information”.
In the model, a form of information storage is SET of CARDS.
As for the information we need, we get it through the perception and comparison the ideal symbol with all its possible distortions.
“Information is information, not matter or energy”
The founder of cybernetics and artificial intelligence theory.
Norbert Wiener was an American mathematician and philosopher. He was Professor of Mathematics at MIT.
HOW TO USE THE MODEL.
Brief Guide – how to set a goal for the session and view cards.
For anyone who wants to use the model as efficiently as possible, we offer:
- Master-classes * (conducted in the club office and via Skype in Russian)
- Master-classes Transcripts (now available in Russian and English)
* We offer to take part in the master classes to anyone who wants to learn how to use the model in order to help other people in solving a variety of their problems.
This model has one special feature – before you start helping others, you should first improve and maintain your own psycho-physiological state.
- Participants of the master-classes get all the necessary materials in printed or digital form.
- Customer Support is not limited in time.
Find answers to many common questions.
If you have a question about our site or club products please take the time to read through our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you cannot find your answer please contact us. We’ll be glad to answer your questions by e-mail.
If you prefer using the EIC Model Internet Version (on your personal computer, tablet, notebook and smartphone) you don’t need Transcript, please read Quick Start Manual.
This post is also available in: Russian